School is just around the corner! Have you stocked up on supplies? The Pima County Sheriff’s Department will be hosting their annual Badges and Backpacks event at Pima Community
School is just around the corner! Have you stocked up on supplies? The Pima County Sheriff’s Department will be hosting their annual Badges and Backpacks event at Pima Community College – Weston July 24th from 8:00am-12:00pm. They will be giving away FREE backpacks with supplies to school-aged children K-12. Backpacks are first come first served, child must be present. Want to pick out a book to take home with you? Bookmans will be there with orange bookshelves filled with books for kids and teens of all ages and we will be giving away a free book while supplies last! Let’s spread the love of reading and learning together!
- July 24, 2021 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Pima Community College – West
2202 W. Anklam Road
Mask will need to be worn in adherence to Pima County directives.
This year the Pima County Sheriff’s Department will be giving out backpacks as a Drive-up event! Pima County Sheriff’s Department is committed to our community. While large gatherings are not feasible, under current county guidelines, we have been resolute to find a means to equip youth for the upcoming school year. Here are some important things to note for the event:
- There will be a walk-up station available for those utilizing public transportation, biking, or walking to the event.
- If you are not in your vehicle a mask must be worn when interacting with event volunteers.
- There will be only one (1) backpack per school-aged child.
- School-aged children must be present to receive a backpack.
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Pima Community College - West
2202 W Anklam Rd