Bookmans Employee Safety Protocol
Bookmans employees are the backbone of our business – we can’t do it without you! We need you to stay healthy as we reopen our stores to the community, so here is what we are doing to keep you, your coworkers, and our customers safe and what you can do to keep Bookmans stores going strong.
Before Your Shift
- Check your temperature. If you have a fever, stay home
- Alert managers if you have been exposed or are showing any symptoms and stay home
- Have a clean, reusable mask ready for the day’s work
- Personal hygiene accountability including regular hand washing
During Your Shift
- You must arrive wearing and continue to wear a face mask while working
- Your temperature will be taken prior to store entry
- Your managers will designate your workspace by assignment
- Prepare the tools you need for your shift including PPE
- Clean your workspace and equipment prior to your shift starting and every hour thereafter
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds after cleaning your station and reapply gloves if you choose to wear them. This is more effective than using hand sanitizer.
- Employee bathrooms are one person only
Bathrooms must be completely sanitized after use
- Break rooms are limited to one person per break room
- Be mindful of the heavy-touch surfaces like refrigerator door handles and wipe or clean them down before you leave the break room
After Your Shift
- Wipe down your work station at the end of your shift
- Keep your mask on as you exit through the store
Susan Husband July 5, 2020 at 12:16 pm
I just learned that there is a children’s book drive sponsored by Literacy Connects which ends July 12. I have a few books I would like to donate to this drive. Do I need to make an appointment just to bring books into the store, or can I come and drop these off. There are 5 of them. Thank you.
Valerie R July 6, 2020 at 7:26 am
Hello, and thank you for your donation! You can leave those at the front of the store at our curbside table or you can come on in and drop them off. No appointment needed. Thank you again!
Comments are closed.
- Art (13)
- Bookie Blog (433)
- Community Events (266)
- Contests & Giveaways (247)
- Core Values (193)
- Films (17)
- Games (46)
- gifts (33)
- In Our Stores (562)
- Inspiration (109)
- Job Postings (2)
- Merchandise (392)
- movie recommendastions (1)
- Musical Notes (243)
- News (165)
- Personality (4)
- Play: A Gamer's Blog (104)
- Quiz (16)
- Reel Chat (287)
- Style (21)
- Tips & tricks (46)
- Uncategorized (180)
Great!! Thank you for posting that information on your website!