Thanksgiving Conversation Starters to Save Your Life
The holidays… Filled with family, food, and playful banter. (At least we hope it’s playful!) Sometimes conversations can turn into awkward situations. There’s always that one relative who seems to bring up politics in every conversation. Lucky for you, we are here to help turn those uncomfortable situations into fun family bonding. Here are twenty-five ways to keep conversations civil this Thanksgiving!
Get to Know Each Other
- Top five favorite bands. Go!
- You are stranded on a desert island! What three items do you have with you to help pass the time?
- Do you have any irrational fears?
- Do you have any useless talents (like wiggling your ears)?
- If you could have named yourself, what name would you pick, and why?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- You just won the lottery! What’s the first thing you do?
- What is your spirit animal?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
- Fancy car or fancy house?
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
- Talk about the last movie you saw.
- If you could have coffee with one famous literary character, who would it be and what would you talk about?
- What’s the last book you read?
- So… Thoughts on Fantastic Beasts Crimes of Grindelwald?
- What’s your theme song?
- Talk about the last concert you went to.
A History Lesson
- When was the last time you had a food fight? (You should probably ask this one after the table is clear!)
- Who were you named after?
- Embarrass a family member with a funny childhood story (but be careful, this one could come back and bite you in the butt)!
- What’s the most exciting thing that happened to you this year?
- What’s your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
- What’s your favorite way to eat Thanksgiving leftovers?
- What are you thankful for this year? (You knew this one would be on the list!)
If you are looking for more conversation starters, we recommend books like If (Questions for the Game of Life) by Evelyn McFarlane! If all else fails, you can always play a game of Cards Against Humanity. That way family will focus on the hilarious prompts instead. Give your neighborhood Bookmans a call to see what else we have in stock to save you during the holidays. What are some of your favorite non-confrontational conversation starters to break the ice at holiday gatherings? Tell us below!
- Art (10)
- Bookie Blog (425)
- Community Events (253)
- Contests & Giveaways (242)
- Core Values (191)
- Films (17)
- Games (43)
- gifts (31)
- In Our Stores (551)
- Inspiration (101)
- Job Postings (2)
- Merchandise (387)
- movie recommendastions (1)
- Musical Notes (243)
- News (153)
- Personality (4)
- Play: A Gamer's Blog (104)
- Quiz (16)
- Reel Chat (285)
- Style (19)
- Tips & tricks (45)
- Uncategorized (179)