Lady Gaga: Top 3 Music Videos
Lady Gaga is one of those artists who always has people talking. She’s shown up in the media for her crazy costumes, insane music videos, and much more. It seems that Mother Monster herself has seemingly been keeping low on the radar. And when I say low, I mean not on the news every 5 minutes for her outrageous stunts but is still so famous that she performed at last year’s Super Bowl.
Coming down from the top of the Super Bowl stadium with hundreds of drones lighting up the sky while singing the Star Spangled Banner was a spectacle never before seen on the Super Bowl. She somehow always thinks outside the box in a way that captivates audiences worldwide. She started her rise to fame in 2008 with her album ironically titled The Fame. Do you remember Poker Face and Just Dance? Those two singles came out almost a decade ago! You would recognize those songs almost anywhere.
Gaga has evolved over the past decade with additional outrageousness like her meat dress to her iconic appearance at the VMA’s. She has a HUGE fan following that call themselves the Little Monsters too. I’m going to share with you which of my favorite Gaga music videos capture her artistic essence best (IMHO, of course). Whether she wants to stay out of the limelight for now or not, her music videos show some raw talent and creativity that people will remember forever. Here are my Top 3 Lady Gaga music videos. Bear in mind that some of them are more than 10 minutes long should you decide to watch them! And of course, viewer discretion is advised.
1. Bad Romance: At one point this was the most watched video EVER on YouTube. It has such a dark aspect to it and is so far out there that it’s hard not to want to watch it. It has the glamour and the over-the-top outfits you’d expect from Gaga while also having some pretty hip dance moves. What is a true Lady Gaga video without all the hidden messages? This is probably Gaga’s most symbolic video because it serves as a metaphor for what it takes to make it into the entertainment industry and to expose the demons and corruption at play.
“That tough female spirit is something that I want to project. It’s meant to be, ‘This is my shield, this is my weapon, this is my inner sense of fame, this is my monster.'” – Lady Gaga
2. Marry the Night: Gaga loves making music videos that tell stories and sometimes the typical 3-4 minute long video just isn’t going to cut it. This video is 13 minutes and 51 seconds long, but it has 77 million views. That’s gotta count for something, right? Especially since the average person’s attention span is around 8 seconds. To Gaga the video is a metaphor for her trauma at the start of her music career through the reinvention of the pop star she is today.
“It is my personal way of seeing things. I am the artist of my own life. I choose to tell you what happened. If you give up something like that, you were never destined to be an entertainer. In order to be a great at writing music or at fishing or at being a mechanic or designing a building, you have to acknowledge what is wrong with your work, or what is dishonest about it. What have I not been really great at?” – Lady Gaga
3. Telephone: Gaga and Beyoncé collaborated in this 9-minute long video, opening with Gaga in prison. The video is a continuation of the Paparazzi video where she winds up going to prison at the end. The entire video is a parallel of social stigmas in society today. Breaking out of jail, murdering an entire restaurant, an epic dance scene with Beyoncé and Gaga… This video definitely has a story way more in-depth than not being able to answer the phone in a club.
“What I really wanted to do with this video is take a decidedly pop song which on the surface has quite a shallow meaning, and turn it into something deeper. The idea that America is full of young people that are inundated with information and technology turn it into something that was more of a commentary on the kind of country that we are.” – Lady Gaga
- Bookie Blog (369)
- Community Events (225)
- Contests & Giveaways (222)
- Core Values (155)
- Games (24)
- gifts (11)
- In Our Stores (495)
- Inspiration (33)
- Job Postings (2)
- Merchandise (360)
- Musical Notes (219)
- News (109)
- Play: A Gamer's Blog (89)
- Reel Chat (233)
- Style (4)
- Tips & tricks (23)
- Uncategorized (177)