Top 5 Instruments for Beginners
Some people have music in their hearts but never had the opportunity to let their inner musician play. At some point we get the idea that we are too old to pick up an instrument, and in any case wouldn’t know what instrument to play if they did. In the first case we call B.S. and in the second we know what you mean. The choice of instrument can make or break your music playing dreams because instruments have different learning curves. Some are great for beginners while others require more time for fluency. If you are ready to start playing, let Bookmans help with this list of the best instruments for beginners.
1. Piano. This popular instrument is perfect for learning how to read music and to play things by ear. Piano lesson books cater to all kinds of learners. Don’t feel like you have to invest in a baby grand. Electronic keyboards are inexpensive and portable, making them a great place to start.
2. Violin. This high demand instrument makes finding one easy. A beginner’s violin comes in many sizes and can often be found in a package deal with a bow and case included.
3. Harps. This beautiful instrument is an elegant gateway to becoming a musician. You can learn to play by numbers, so knowing how to read music is not a prerequisite. Although they can be difficult to find, harps are available in many sizes making them a worthy investment for people of every stature.
4. Guitar. This portable instrument gives you the option of playing solo or with a group. Typically instructors recommend that beginners start with an acoustic and progress to an electric, since acoustics are easier to learn and they build finger strength. Also, this way you’ll be easier on your neighbor’s ear by the time you are playing over an amplifier.
5. Ukelele. This inexpensive, compact and simple instrument is a great place to jump into the musician pool. Many popular songs have ukelele versions, making it a fun way to play along with your favorites.
Most importantly when choosing an instrument, consider what you like. When listening to a favorite song, do you play air guitar or keep the beat with your fingers? Either way choosing the right instrument is the best way to set yourself up for a great time playing. In case you missed it, check out our guide to buying musical instruments for novices.
Every Bookmans location has a musical instrument department, but we can’t guarantee stock. Give us a call or come in to browse. If you live in Tucson, you can bring your old instrument in for a set up, tune up, clean up or repair.
Katy Spratt October 11, 2015 at 3:20 pm
Thanks for your comment, Amelia! Although it’s not particularly easy, learning to play the instruments listed can help beginners develop a love of music. Here at Bookmans, we value the importance of music and believe it’s never too late to start. We appreciate your feedback! ~Katy S.
Md Linkon September 22, 2018 at 8:28 am
Comments are closed.
- Art (13)
- Bookie Blog (433)
- Community Events (266)
- Contests & Giveaways (247)
- Core Values (193)
- Films (17)
- Games (46)
- gifts (33)
- In Our Stores (562)
- Inspiration (109)
- Job Postings (2)
- Merchandise (392)
- movie recommendastions (1)
- Musical Notes (243)
- News (166)
- Personality (4)
- Play: A Gamer's Blog (104)
- Quiz (16)
- Reel Chat (287)
- Style (21)
- Tips & tricks (46)
- Uncategorized (181)
The violin is ver hard to learn! Why would you put that instrument on this website!