Barktober: A Bookmans Dog Calendar Contest!
Barktober : [ bahrk-toh-ber ], noun.
1. the abrupt, harsh, explosive cry of a dog heard during the tenth month of the year, containing 31 days.
2. the month that your dog can become one of the stars of the first-ever Dogs of Bookmans calendar for 2021!
Bookmans is taking our love of your dogs to an ELEVEN this year. We’ve always been dog-crazy, but we thought it would be so much fun to highlight some of the very best pooches who accompany their humans to our stores. From big ol’ mutts to dainty teacup showstoppers, Bookmans has a might need to share our store with customers and their dogs. We also love to host and partner with animal rescues and shelters across Arizona to help pets in need find their forever homes. So we came up with a too-cute idea to show off our favorite furballs and support animals in need with the Dogs of Bookmans calendar for 2021!
The Dogs of Bookmans calendar will feature some of our fave pups, but it will also serve a greater purpose. 50% of each calendar’s proceeds upon purchase will go directly to a local animal rescue or shelter! That means that six incredible animal helping organizations will have some additional funds they need to keep their efforts going in 2021 while you enjoy a year of Dogs of Bookmans. And that’s all because of you and your furry bestie! These Barktober calendars are scheduled to be on our shelves in December. That’s just in time for the best holiday gift you can give too!
Here are the steps to get your dog in the running for their very own page of the Dogs of Bookmans calendar:
1. Bring your leashed dog to Bookmans for a visit
2. Take a picture of your dog inside of our store doing their dog thing
3. Read the “Rules and Regulations” below before submitting your photo
4. Submit your photo, along with your name and your dog’s name, either by email to Barktober@bookmans.com or on our Facebook page under the pinned post on top of our page (@Bookmans) by October 31, 2020
5. Only one (1) entry including one (1) to three (3) images per submission will be accepted per person
6. Keep an eye on your email or Facebook DMs for a message from Bookmans on November 1, 2020 by 3 PM to see if your dog made it to the calendar!
Any dog can represent their own month of the year on our calendar in Barktober. Young, old, dogs with a disability… any make and model of dog is welcome to enter! Dogs who are chosen to be on the calendar will be scheduled for a celebrity-level calendar photoshoot at your local Bookmans store with a professional photographer and win a $50 gift basket from Bookmans too!
Are you ready to show off your dog to the world? Come on over to Bookmans and get your cameras out all October long!
Rules and Regulations:
1. Bookmans reserves co-ownership of all dog photos submitted via Facebook or by email for the Dogs of Bookmans Calendar Contest/Barktober for use in promoting the contest on social media and the Bookmans website. Bookmans reserves ALL RIGHTS to images created and featured on the Dogs of Bookmans Calendar, in perpetuity.
2. No in-store or online purchase is necessary to enter the Dogs of Bookmans Calendar Contest.
3. Dogs of Bookmans Calendar Contest winners agree to a photoshoot at a Bookmans location. Photos must take place no later than November 15, 2020, by appointment only.
4. Bookmans is solely responsible for choosing the images, winners, and shelter or rescue recipients of the calendar proceeds.
5. Bookmans reserves the right to modify, suspend, or restructure contest as deemed fit.
6. Bookmans reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who interferes with the Dogs of Bookmans Calendar Contest, at Bookmans’ sole discretion.
7. Contest winners must agree to the terms of the calendar contest prior to entry.
Valerie R October 7, 2020 at 1:22 pm
The photos submitted for consideration can be used in any way you like, for projects or anything else. The pictures submitted are simply for entry and will not be used in the calendar. The photoshoot pictures that we will take of the winners for the calendar, however, are to be owned by Bookmans. I hope that helps!
shannon November 2, 2020 at 7:21 pm
i have a question i don’t know if my dog was entered correctly so are you goin to post the winners on book mans facebook page or no
Valerie R November 3, 2020 at 7:45 am
All dogs were chosen and the owners notified. Be sure to check your email and DMs on Facebook!
Comments are closed.
- Art (13)
- Bookie Blog (433)
- Community Events (267)
- Contests & Giveaways (247)
- Core Values (193)
- Films (17)
- Games (46)
- gifts (33)
- In Our Stores (562)
- Inspiration (109)
- Job Postings (2)
- Merchandise (392)
- movie recommendastions (1)
- Musical Notes (243)
- News (167)
- Personality (4)
- Play: A Gamer's Blog (104)
- Quiz (16)
- Reel Chat (287)
- Style (21)
- Tips & tricks (46)
- Uncategorized (181)
If I enter the dog photo contest I understand you will co-own the rights if my photo is selected–but would I still be able to use the photo I take in other projects with my pet? thanks