Gift Guide: Dreaming of a White Witch Christmas
Who’s the Whitest Witch of all? Stevie Nicks of course! Nicks has said on multiple occasions that she is not a witch, but she was so convincing in the Coven season of American Horror Story that we know she has a good sense of humor about the accusation. We adore Nicks and so thought it would be fun to have her be our muse for a gift guide.
Stephanie “Stevie” Lynn Nicks was born in Phoenix to modest means. Her father had a career in the food industry that required the family to move frequently. Her family lived in Albuquerque, El Paso, Salt Lake City and Los Angeles during Nicks’ youth.
Nicks received a Goya guitar for her 16th birthday and soon wrote her first song, “I’ve Loved and I’ve Lost, and I’m Sad But Not Blue”. Later she would write Fleetwood Mac’s only No. 1 Billboard hit, “Dreams”.
Nicks met her future musical and romantic partner Lindsey Buckingham at Menlo Atherton High School. Buckingham was in the band Fritz, which she joined. Stevie credits much of her inspiration to the other musicians she saw in San Francisco. These included Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin.
In 1975 Nicks and Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac. In 1977 they released their second album, Rumours. Rumours was a hit and remains relevant. It became the best-selling album of the year and has sales of 40 million copies worldwide.
Nicks’ iconic style influenced countless musical, fashion and style trends. We know and love Stevie for her dreamy, flowing voice and ethereal clothing. Fringe, lace, velvet and lots of jewelry makes her an enviable style icon.
Bookmans has everything to inspire gift ideas for your free spirited White Witch wannabe. To start:
* Acoustic guitars. Maybe a Goya? Come check out our musical instrument sections.
* Accessories. Take a look at our scarves and jewelry. Our selection is large enough that you can layer on multiple pieces for an eclectic look.
* Housewares. Deck your halls to reflect a bohemian look.
* Music. We have a large music department with plenty of classic vinyl and CDs to evoke the feels Stevie makes us feel.
* New Age Goodies. Peruse our New Age department, which includes titles on Wicca, natural healing, tarot and astrology.
* Books. Numerous books about Nicks, Fleetwood Mac and other rock-and-roll histories await curious minds on our orange shelves.
Bookmans Flagstaff may enjoy a snowy White Christmas, but in Phoenix, Mesa and Tucson, we can dream of a White Witch Christmas with Stevie Nicks as inspiration. Everything in our stores is available for purchase with Bookmans trade credit, which like our gift certificates never expires or loses value. In fact, you can use your trade to purchase gift certificates so that your favorite witches have their own flight of fancy in our fabulous stores.
* Bookmans is your store to explore. If you are looking for a particular item of White Witch Christmas inspiration, please give us a call and we will check our shelves for you. Otherwise, we hope you will come and browse.
- Bookie Blog (408)
- Community Events (243)
- Contests & Giveaways (235)
- Core Values (176)
- Films (14)
- Games (40)
- gifts (25)
- In Our Stores (539)
- Inspiration (85)
- Job Postings (2)
- Merchandise (376)
- Musical Notes (240)
- News (139)
- Personality (3)
- Play: A Gamer's Blog (103)
- Quiz (14)
- Reel Chat (275)
- Style (13)
- Tips & tricks (40)
- Uncategorized (179)