Recycle and Reuse: A Celebration Of Earth Month
Bookmans believes it is our responsibility as a business to be compassionate citizens of the planet. We are continuously striving to reduce our carbon footprint. We do this through recycling, reusing, embracing alternative energies, and spreading the word about how you can join us in our efforts. Awareness of environmental issues is part of our very business model and one of our core values. As Earth Month comes to a close, let’s take a look at how you and Bookmans together can make our planet greener.
Every time you trade in or make a purchase at Bookmans Entertainment Exchange, you’re recycling. Our shelves reflect the decision of an individual taking a stand against unnecessary waste. Chances are you’ve never thought of shopping for used media as a green practice. But did you know that for more than 40 years, our customers have been making a positive environmental impact by sharing their unwanted books, music, movies, magazines, and games with the Bookmans community.
Why is recycling so important? Major Waste Disposal states that “the average American throws away 4.5 pounds of trash a day. To give you an idea of how much trash we generate here in the United States, imagine a hole the size of a football field, including the end zones. If we bury all of the trash we produce in just one year, that hole would be 100 miles deep!” That is a lot of trash! It’s time to take action today.
Alas, as much as we’d like to, we can’t always take everything at our trade counters. If you are ready to get rid of unwanted items but feel overwhelmed, we can help. Below is a list of some of the best recycling centers in the Phoenix/Mesa area.
- City Of Mesa Recycling Drop Off Centers – The City of Mesa offers three 24-hour drop-off location sites for the public to recycle their materials. All items placed in the recycle bins should be loose. As a courtesy to our guests, specially marked barrels are at each site for guests to deposit their empty plastic bags.
- Broadway Indoor Recycling Center – Broadway Indoor Recycling Center provides their customers with the best solutions and pay top dollar for unwanted recyclable items. They are highly-focused on providing environmentally sound solutions to waste items. These are cost effective solutions to all of their residential, commercial, industrial and municipal customers.
- SA Recycling – SA Recycling is a one stop shop recycling center in Mesa. They accept all scrap metal including steel, aluminum, copper, tin, appliances, aluminum cans, and many other types of scrap metal.
- CW Recycling – Their motto, “just bring it.” CW specializes in all kinds of metals and aluminum.
- Waste Management -They make recycling easier by leading the way in mixed recycling. Put your acceptable recyclables in one bin and leaves the sorting process to them.
At Bookmans, we like to say that even though our shelves are orange, our hearts are most definitely green. We love hosting green events and working with the Environmental Education Center in Chandler. Celebrate with us at one of our many earth-friendly events. Your local Bookmans is good for your pocket and good for the planet, and you are a part of that!
- Art (4)
- Bookie Blog (416)
- Community Events (245)
- Contests & Giveaways (235)
- Core Values (181)
- Films (14)
- Games (40)
- gifts (25)
- In Our Stores (542)
- Inspiration (91)
- Job Postings (2)
- Merchandise (379)
- Musical Notes (240)
- News (141)
- Personality (3)
- Play: A Gamer's Blog (103)
- Quiz (14)
- Reel Chat (277)
- Style (14)
- Tips & tricks (43)
- Uncategorized (179)