What Bookmans Wants
*Bookmans does not give online quotes for trade items in the comments. If you would like a price quote for your items, items must be brought into a Bookmans store for evaluation.
Everyone loves to shop at Bookmans, and we couldn’t be happier about that! Bookmans is known throughout our communities for many things, but the one thing that customers always want to know more about is what we want to trade. When customers come to our trade counters with boxes full of goodies, our buyers overflow with anticipation. What will be in this box? Will it be something unique? Something collectible? Something that is going to fly off our shelves?
BRING US YOUR MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS! Whether it’s an acoustic guitar, a drum set, an old Casio keyboard, or something off the wall like a singing Tesla coil, we want it. Bring in any and all instruments you have at all Bookmans stores.
For anyone uninitiated, Bookmans has a Buy-Sell-Trade business model. When we say that our shelves are stocked by our community, we mean it. Here’s how it works:
- You bring your gently-used and lovingly cared-for items to a Bookmans trade counter. These items can range from books to vinyl to vintage action figures to jewelry and beyond. If you’ve been in a Bookmans store, you know we carry just about anything and everything on our shelves.
- Bookmans’ buyers will take your items/boxes, and from there, you are free to leave and come back, browse our store, play some video games at our game station – whatever you like to pass the time.
- Bookmans’ buyers are trained to evaluate the items brought in based on several criteria. The basic criteria are:
a) Item condition. A much-desired item in great condition is best.
b) Item sellability. Our goal is to resell our trade items, but not all items, even ones in great condition, are good sellers.
c) Our current stock. Bookmans’ supply lines extend far beyond our orange shelves. Our buyers will consider how many of these or similar items we currently have in stock both on our shelves, in our backstock, and in our warehouse.
- When you return to the trade counter, your buyer will give you a trade offer. These offers all come in trade credit and cash. Trade credit is always significantly higher than cash offers. Obviously, we want to encourage customers to find something new they love at our store.
- The buyer will return all of the items that they are not including in the trade offer to you. The choice to accept or decline the offer is all yours.
Trust us when we tell you that we want your trade items as much as you want to give them to us. The last thing we want to see is a look of disappointment on our customers’ faces when they get the items they brought in to trade back without an offer. Bookmans wants to help everyone get top-dollar for their items on all future trades. That’s why we’ve created a ‘Bookmans Wants’ board at every store.
So what are our stores looking for this month? Find out below! Bring in these specific titles that we’re on the hunt for and you’ll earn top dollar on your offer!
In honor of Banned Book Month, Bookmans is highlighting these banned and challenged books that we want you to trade at our stores!
1984 by George Orwell
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Hate U Give by Angi Thomas
13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Dune by Frank Herbert
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki
Drama by Raina Telgemiere
I am Jazz by Jessica Herthel
Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out by Susan Kuklin
Toni Morrison – all titles!
- Bookie Blog (403)
- Community Events (241)
- Contests & Giveaways (235)
- Core Values (172)
- Films (13)
- Games (37)
- gifts (20)
- In Our Stores (536)
- Inspiration (78)
- Job Postings (2)
- Merchandise (373)
- Musical Notes (238)
- News (134)
- Personality (2)
- Play: A Gamer's Blog (100)
- Quiz (12)
- Reel Chat (271)
- Style (10)
- Tips & tricks (36)
- Uncategorized (180)